Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Wardrobe Essentials According to Moi
1. Foundation pieces garments. A nude, microfiber t-shirt bra for everyday wear. A black lacy bra for when you want something sexy and seamless undies to avoid VPL.
2. Chambray button down a new wardrobe staple in my closet. I love how versatile this shirt is. It can be dressed up (with a sequin mini) or down (with black leggings and a boyfriend cardigan).
3. V-neck tees are flattering on everyone because they make your neck look longer thus making the person look longer and taller.
4. Cashmere sweater or cardigan to keep warm in the winter months.
5. Stripe tee a quintessential nod to our fellow French ladies. This is one thing that I keep coming back to, Iove stripes. Just be mindful, pair your stripes so it's in proportion to your body.
6. A sequin top, skirt, or shorts are not for New Years anymore. By keeping everything else simple & casual you can wear your sequins every day.
7. Dark colored denim effortlessly chic and a little more grownup. I've been digging skinny jeans lately, because I can easily tuck them into boots. Speak of boots....
8. Riding boots, I love these black and brown ones featured. No worries about "matching" black or brown, you have 2 for the price of 1 here.
9. Nude pumps/high heels makes legs look like they go one for miles. Enough said.
10. Ballet flats in lots of colors and prints. When you're not admiring your mile long legs in your nude heels, ballet flats are great for adding more polish to an outfit. They're perfect for weekend latte dates. ;)
11. Scarves in lots of colors or patterns are the simplest way to give an outfit like a v-neck & dark jeans some oomph.
12. Statement jewelry can make a day outfit into a going out/night time outfit. Just don't go overboard.
13. Metallic handbag can be appropriate everywhere. A little pizazz for the day and just enough glam for your night time.