Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weekend outfit and outfit saving

Something cozy but form fitting as well...


Men's V-neck
Purple Jersey Cardi: Old Navy
Jeans: H&M
Scarf: NYC street vendor
Shoes: Libby Edelman via outlets
Hoop Earrings: Express

I have a bad habit of "saving" recently bought tops, bottoms, and outfits thinking I need somewhere "special" to wear this.  Thus this has lead me to have a closet filled with clothes with tags on them.  (Moreso tops than bottoms I've noticed).  I recently bought a leopard print top but shunned it a few times because I think I need somewhere "out of the ordinary" to wear it.  Everyday errands don't cut it you know?  Well I finally wore the top this weekend and it wasn't for a special occasion, just hanging out.  I'm working on not saving tops, scarves, outfits, etc.  I've been cleaning out my closet by going back every couple of weeks and seeing what I'm naturally drawn to and what I haven't worn in over a season.   It's hard to part with some of things, thinking oh maybe I'll wear it one of these days, but in all honesty if I haven't worn it by now, then I probably never will.

Do you save outfits?  Any tips for breaking this habit?

No comments:

Post a Comment