We leave for Texas tonight and since we are not staying at a hotel I don't have access to a gym. This means getting creative on getting a good workout in. Here are five ideas to get working out to.
- Enjoy your surroundings! It's a vacation for a reason. Take a walk, hike, bike ride through a park, go swimming. Do activities that give you the most enjoyment and that are fun.
- Make up your on HITT workout using the Seconds app. I've been doing 20 seconds on with 10 seconds of rest with four movements, repeat for a total of 2 sets. Exercises include jumping jacks, high knees, burpees, and vertical jumps. (Note you can play around with timing to, if you have a higher endurance try 30 seconds on 15 seconds off etc.)
- A free 20 minute Yoga class from Yogadownload. All of the classes are in audio form. If you're not familiar with yoga they offer a pose guide to help guide you. They also have a YouTube channel as well which I think are much easier to follow.
- Your own bodyweight circuit workout. Think squats, planks, lunges, pushups, etc. Here is a handy guide to 50 Bodyweight exercises.
- Youtube channels!
- Fitness Blender (has HIIT/Tabata style workouts, as well as strength training and beginners workouts too.)
- Fitnessista (offers great HITT workouts and 5 minute Ab Burners)
- BexLife (gives targeted workouts (i.e. abs, butt/thighs) as well as mediation and cardio workouts)
- Blogilates (A lot of Pilates workouts that only require a mat.)
- ZuzkaLight (Zuzka offers a ton of high intensity workouts that take little time.)
- FitTV (gives you a lot of different workouts from dancing to yoga to strength training)
If you only get in a few workouts don't sweat the small stuff. Just remember, exercise will always be there when you get back from your trip. Spending time with loved ones is priceless and good for the soul. :)
How do you fit exercise in on vacation?