Saturday, February 16, 2013

Current Beauty Favorites- Jan/Feb Edition

Jan/Feb Favs

Jan/Feb Favs by alatteinspiration featuring a matte eyeshadow

1. Philosophy's Vanilla Cream Topping lotion.  I am a huge vanilla scent person and I love Philosophy's products because they do not irritate my skin.  Bonus they are paraben free.  This lotion absorbs quickly and hydrates pretty well.  The scent lingers through a few hand washes though it is subtle.  I love smoothing it on before bed I find the scent is comforting and helps me to fall asleep.

2.  EOS Lip Balm in Sweet Mint. I put this on when I need a pick me up and the packaging is cute.  

3. Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber perfume.  I have owned a bottle for a few years and found that the scent hasn't gone funky on me.  This is a perfect warm winter scent.  

4.  Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Powder Blush in Cherub (which is more pink in real life and not orange like the photo).  I am sad to report that I think this line is being discontinued.  I love her pressed powder.  The quality and the fact that its all natural, paraben free that can be found in drugstore is impressive.  Even my makeup artist was blown away that this was a drugstore find.  

5. Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle.  I think Revlon has a great line of cosmetics and their quality is right up there with brands your find at Sephora.  I didn't like the Lip Butters at first, partially because the one I originally purchased was too light for me.  I also feel that then can be a tad on the dry side at times however the Pink Truffle is a close match to my normal color.  I like putting this on when I need more color and sometimes add a bit of the EOS lip balm under it to give it more moisture.

6.  NYC Nail Polish in Times Square Tangerine Creme.  For .99 cents at Walmart, this polish is a steal.  It has good pigmentation and it stays on without chipping.  I just wish that they had more colors to choose from!

7.  UD Naked 2 Palette.  I know that this has been seen everywhere but I love how all these gorgeous neutral shades are paired in one place.  In attempt to declutter my makeup bag this is my only eyeshadow(s) I have in there.  Highly pigmented and lasts all day.  Before using this my go to neutral eyeshadow was Revlon's Colorstay 12 Hour Eyeshadow Quad in Sandstorm which I've had for 5 years and was still going strong.

What are your current beauty favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment