Tuesday, November 15, 2011

DIY: Christmas Tags and Cards

Once upon a time whilst on Pinterest I stumbled upon the cutest snowman gift tags made out of white buttons, cardboard, and ribbon.
via Pinterest
After giving it some thought, I decided that those tags would be my Christmas card theme.  I used scrapbook paper instead of cardboard since I already have a ton.  And went out and bought a bag of white buttons for less than $2.  Here's my take on the tag above.


Here's a rough draft  in card form:

The possibilities are endless.  I still need to figure out some design things out (i.e. I think I will hand write out "Merry Christmas" instead of using a stamp) and add twine to the top of the tag.  This would be a great project to do with kids and they can personalize them too.

What you'll need:
Cardstock (if you're making cards)
Scrapbook Paper
Tag Template
Scissors
Glue
White Buttons
Ribbon
Twine

Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Those are so adorable! And this is random, but I love your blog background : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! These are seriously so adorable! :) Thanks for sharing.

    xo, Samantha
    http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! What a cute idea! I just discovered your blog and I am now your newest follower! xo

    ReplyDelete