Thursday, July 25, 2013

Chocolate Oatmeal Avocado Smoothie

 I don't know about you but we've been experiencing humid and muggy days here in Pennsylvania.  This makes wanting to make a real meal unappealing since turning on the oven or stove just adds extra hotness.  The quickest, easiest, and coldest meal or snack in my book is a smoothie.  In lieu of frozen bananas I decided to go with an avocado to give the smoothie it's creamy texture.  Oh my goodness, best decision ever.  This tasted like dessert thick, creamy, and cooling!  I will definitely be making this combo more often, so delicious.


  


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/3 cup of old fashioned oatmeal
  • 1/2 of a refrigerated avocado (cut into chunks)
  • 1/2 scoop of  vanilla protein powder (I used Spiru-tein)
  • 2 tablespoons of dark cocoa powder
  • 3 ice cubes
Directions: Throw everything except for the ice cubes in the blender and blend until smooth.  Add ice cubes and blend until combined.  Pour and enjoy!

What's your favorite go-to summer meal or snack?

No comments:

Post a Comment