I don't know about you but we've been experiencing humid and muggy days here in Pennsylvania. This makes wanting to make a real meal unappealing since turning on the oven or stove just adds extra hotness. The quickest, easiest, and coldest meal or snack in my book is a smoothie. In lieu of frozen bananas I decided to go with an avocado to give the smoothie it's creamy texture. Oh my goodness, best decision ever. This tasted like dessert thick, creamy, and cooling! I will definitely be making this combo more often, so delicious.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup of old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 of a refrigerated avocado (cut into chunks)
- 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I used Spiru-tein)
- 2 tablespoons of dark cocoa powder
- 3 ice cubes
What's your favorite go-to summer meal or snack?