Tuesday, April 9, 2013

OOTD Houston Style

Some highlights from our trip:

Airport style, multiple layers to add and subtract between temp changes.

Grey Hoodie: AE, Purple Tee: VS Pink,  Tank (underneath): AE, Scarf: Target, Jeans: Limited
At the farmers market, I must say I probably won't add the belt the next time.  Chambray I think would have been better knotted.  You live & learn. ;)
Chambray: ON, Tank: F21, Scarf & Maxi Skirt: Target, Sandals: Rainbow 
Ahh beach & sunshine we have been reunited!  Seriously it was perfect beach weather, sunny with a little breeze.  We went to Galveston beach, about 45-50 minutes away from Houston.  I was nervous reading all the reviews saying it was dirty but I was impressed.  They offer different beaches, some in which you have to pay ($8 per family) to use.  We just did the free beach and it was fine, I was just looking to work on my tan and get my toes wet anyway. ;)  The water was a tad dirty but that's to be expected since it's the Gulf. I wish were able to stay there longer and explore the area, they had a ton of cute shops where we got salt water taffy at (La Kings Confectionary).

2 piece: Target, Cover-up: VS Pink 
Sparkles for the day!  I have this notion that sequins/glitter are just for special occasions or night time.  Time to change that way of thinking.  Even the guy at Boomtown even complimented that he liked the sparkles.  Coffee + sparkles make a great day in my book.

Sequin Tank & Gold Belt: Jcrew Factory,  Shorts: The Limited

Our last night in Houston, aka date night.  What's a trip to the South without testing out their BBQ? I just needed the hat. ;)
Tank (on sale now!): J.Crew, Scalloped Lace Top: F21, Shorts: The Limited, Cowgirl Boots: Ariat
If you're looking for a comfy pair of cowgirl boots, Ariats are the way to go.  My bff reins horses and competes and told me Ariats feel like tennis shoes, they're that comfortable.  I agree with her, I wore mine right out of the store and wore them for the rest of the day.

Hope you're all having a fabulous week so far! :)

Linking up with Lindsey for What I Wore Wednesday & Lauren for the Style Sessions.

5 comments:

  1. hannah @ The Braided BanditApril 10, 2013 at 4:34 PM

    This looks like such a fun trip, especially the beach part! Love the striped maxi skirt especially! Hope you're having a great day!
    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Houston! I'm planning a trip there in about 2 weeks. I love the shopping there!

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hannah! I am so excited for maxi skirt/dress weather. All in all it was a great trip that went by too fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite shopping find was Westheimer Road. Oh my goodness tons of great shops on that road. And Central Market is pretty amazing there too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love ur shimmerimg tank!! You look beautful!

    BTW, dropping in via Pleated Poppy link up!
    Stay in touch!

    Have a wonderful day!

    -Jyoti

    PS. I am hosting an amazing giveaway on my blog, hope you would participate!

    Enter $40 giftcard giveaway by Lorraine Tyne

    ReplyDelete