I currently work from home and don't need a lot of work staples like blazers, trousers etc. When I am working from home you can find me in workout wear. Weekends in the winter, skinny jeans & boots and some layering on top with a scarf. Weekends in spring/summer dresses, maxi skirts, shorts etc. I may be traveling to Hong Kong again for work this summer, I tend to bring old summer dresses and shorts but I will be in a new position so that means a little more professional while surviving the smoldering heat.
Looking at my Pinterest board this is what I gravitate towards.
- ethnic/intricate details
- ballet pink
- mint green
- Lots of riding boots with leggings
- Maxi skirts & dresses
- Bohemian flare
- Mixing black with brown
- Pops of color using jewel tones (i.e. cobalt, fushia, coral, emerald, etc.)
- Flowy tops & skinny bottoms (with riding boots for winter)
- Distressed denim shorts for summer (aka the epitome of summer)
A couple of things I notice when peering into my closet:
- I hate button downs. I have 2, one leopard and one chambray. The others that I have accumulated over the years I have donated to friends work wardrobes. I have become a fan of the popover shirts like this one. I guess I am a little self conscience of the tummy area. ;)
- I love to show off my legs in skinny jeans/pants whether is work related or weekend related.
- I have 12 v-neck tees, in assorted colors. A fourth of them grey, oops!
- Cotton cardigans > blazers.
- Lots of colorful accessories, scarves, necklaces etc.
- Fitted sheath dresses to look polished and put together. (I mainly choose these types for dressier occasions.)