Toasted Pecan Blueberry Banana Bread (adapted from Allrecipes.com)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 6oz container Chobani blueberry greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 cup of mashed banana (equivalent to 3 medium brown spotted bananas)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Spread pecans on Silpat baking mat and toast for 8-10 mins in oven. Remove and chop.
- Peel and mash bananas in a bowl with a fork, set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the yogurt, walnuts and bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.