Wednesday, November 28, 2012

WIWW - To Dot or Not to Dot?

Before I went to bed on Tuesday I posted a picture on Instagram (alatteinspiration) about whether or not I had the guts to wear dots on dots.  I remember Rachel of the Pink Peonies wearing a similar outfit that I loved & wanted to re-create. 


Needless to say after adding a blazer and a chunky J.Crew-esque bracelet I was hooked. I love how the blazer's lining had cream and navy stripes to echo the color palette but still give it a subtle touch of uniqueness.  I also pinned the skirt to create more of a flattering fit.  It didn't sit right on my hips so I raised it up to the smallest part of my waist, which convinced me to wear the outfit.  (That and the fact it if I looked to cray-cray it was a half day, so I wouldn't be there as long. ;)) It's amazing how a small alteration can transform an outfit.

Gap Blazer, ON Ruffle Polka Dot Sleeveless Top, NY&Co Polka Dot Skirt, Vintage Bracelet from my Grandma. 

And add neutral heels for good measure.
Kenneth Cole Reaction Heels





pleated poppy

23 comments:

  1. I say DOT!!! The more polka dots, the better in my opinion. And you're right...the blazer and the neutral shoes offset so many polka dots. I think it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im obsessed with dots, so the more the better! Love love love this look!
    Stopping by from the link up! Happy Wednesday!

    Clare
    Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh it's super cute together. dot it up for sure! found you on wiww and am your newest follower. come visit me when you have time- www.kendrakaypahukoa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Kendra! I'll definitely stop by. :)

      Delete
  4. AHH I love this! You're right... the blazers and heels make it just right. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash! I wanted to wear it again this week too lol :)

      Delete
  5. so cute!! I love the dots together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dot it up! I love dots on dots. I also love stripes on dots, or lace on dots. Or pretty much anything dots. :-D

    This turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may try laceand dots next, thanks for the idea Amanda! :)

      Delete
  7. It so works!

    Lindsey
    thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence Lindsey! :)

      Delete
  8. I love the polka dots on polka dots! I think it totally works.

    Cute blog! Stopping by from WIWW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes just as almost as fun as stripes hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this look!! I wore dots on dots a couple weeks ago and I think people thought I was a little strange but who cares?! Polka dot love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, who cares what people think. I say embrace uniqueness. :)

      Delete