Wednesday, November 21, 2012

WIWW #4 - An Engagement Story


This outfit has sentimental memories to me.  The earrings I wore on my wedding day and the shoes were bought when my husband proposed to me in Hong Kong.  Funny story about how I got the shoes.  My husband proposed to me at the Peninsula Hotel, an upscale, fancy hotel in HK.  I had flown in after he was done with his summer job and we were spending a few days in Hong Kong before flying to see his grandparents and family in Southern China.  He had scoped out the hotel before I came and knew you could not wear open toed shoes to dine there.  The morning he proposed we went there to have breakfast, he wore tennis shoes and I wore flip flops.  We walk in and they would not seat or serve us due to my footwear so we decided to go to a local shopping place to find some close toed shoes.  Since it was an early Sunday morning nothing was open.  We went back to the Peninsula where there are all of the high end shops (Valentino, Cartier, etc) and he was like how about we get you a pair of shoes from Prada.  Ummm is the Pope Catholic, yes please! (Keep in mind I had no idea that a half hour later he would be proposing too lol) And that is the story behind the shoes, the rest is history. ;)
ON Cardi, Macy's Top, ON Belt, Loft Pants, DB Earrings, Prada Flats

Outfit inspired by Katie:
AE Tank, ON Chambray Shirt, AE Cardi, NY&Co Leggings, ON Necklace, J.Crew Hoops


Loft Mini Animal Print Dolman Sleeve Blouse, Loft Marisa Zip Pocket Skinny Pant in Bi-Stretch, Silpada Modern Maze Ring


NY&Co Earrings, ON Button Down, Talbots Cardigan, NY&Co Pants


NY&Co Cardi, Target Tank, Loft Marisa Pants, J.Crew Silver Hoops, Bracelet from Vietnam

And for your viewing pleasure, two pics from our engagement:

30 seconds before he knelt down. Poor guy was trying to get our waiter to capture the actual proposal but he didn't understand.

And I said "Yes!"

pleated poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment